To ensure that people with developmental disabilities have equal opportunities and receive the services and supports they need to live and work in South Dakota communities.
- We will support people to participate in the life of their community.
- We will honor the importance of relationships with family and friends.
- We will ensure that quality services are available and accessible.
- We will work with providers to enhance services while respecting the dignity of
risk and the importance of health and safety.
- We will respect and value cultural diversity.
- We will be good stewards of public funds.
DDD application for services
Critical Incident Reporting
Individual Support Plan
- HCBS Final Settings Rules
- South Dakota’s Home and Community Based Statewide Transition Plan was submitted to CMS on March 12, 2015.
- South Dakota’s original Home and Community Based Statewide Transition Plan was submitted to CMS on March 12, 2015. CMS requested additional information from South Dakota in October 2015. CMS' comments may be viewed here. The Departments of Social Services and Human Services worked collaboratively to make changes to the Home and Community Based Statewide Transition Plan. CMS requested that South Dakota perform public notice on the Revised Transition Plan before submission to CMS. The Revised Statewide Transition Plan is available for Public Comment for 30 days from February 29 to March 30. For more information click here.