THERAPEUTIC RECREATIONAL SERVICES
Statement of Purpose: To provide comprehensive leisure services which are designed to improve functional abilities related to leisure; promote the acquisition and application of leisure related skills, knowledge and attitudes; and to provide leisure interests and activities within the facility and the community.
- To improve and maintain the cognitive functional level of the person so they may interact more effectively with their environment.
- To provide opportunities to improve or increase social interaction abilities that will expand or facilitate the enjoyment of leisure activity participation.
- To improve and/or maintain gross and fine motor skills.
- To provide opportunities for learning new leisure activities.
- To provide opportunities for leisure participation.
- To provide opportunities for creative expression.
- To facilitate more appropriate means of emotional expression.
- To acquire or increase leisure decision-making and planning skills that promote and encourage the assumption of leisure functioning of the person.
- To provide opportunities for spiritual expression.
- To promote the integration of the person into the community.