To support meaningful and purposeful employment for people residing at SDDC in order for them to be recognized as valued and productive members of the work force, to create a work environment that ensures the health, comfort and safety of all people and staff who participate in vocational training, and to promote the quality goods and services produced by the people supported at SDDC.
To create an environment that promotes a quality product or service in order to provide people with developmental disabilities as opportunity to perform productive and meaningful work.
OUR CUSTOMERS AND THEIR NEEDS
In order to consistently provide a quality service, day program staff need to know who their customers are and what needs each customer has.
Who are our customers?
- People who reside at SDDC
- Consumers of products and services
- Staff at SDDC
What needs does each have?
- Person who lives at SDDC: A job they enjoy. Independence in their job. Pay for work.
- Consumer: Quality product or service at a good price
- Staff: Jobs and work materials for people
Workable job schedules
- Courteous treatment
- Staff that work together
- Staff that try new ideas
DAY PROGRAM STAFF NEEDS
- Staff who are willing to work together and try new things.
- Staff who are willing to place the needs of the people we serve as the top priority. We must be person-centered and person-driven.
- Staff who are committed to the provision of quality services to the people we serve.
- Staff who are committed to the provision of quality goods and services.
GOALS OF THE DAY PROGRAM
- Strive to function as a team.
- Provide persons with useful and meaningful activities.
- Maintain Title XIX Standards.
- Maintain good customer relations.