conflict-free case management
Changes are occuring to case management for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Video recording from the Community Conversations Webinar on Conflict Free Case Management
- Notice is hereby given that the S.D. Department of Social Services, in conjunction with the Department of Human Services, intends to make changes to the CHOICES 1915 (c) HCBS Waiver concerning case management waiver services by defining conflict-free case management waiver services and adjusts the corresponding waiver appendices. VIEW PUBLIC NOTICE
- Details on adjustments made to the corresponding waiver appendices are posted here. VIEW APPENDIX ATTACHMENT
- VIEW INFORMATION FROM COMMUNITY CONVERSATIONS
- VIEW A PRESENTATION FROM THE CENTERS FOR MEDICARE and MEDCAID SERVICES ON CONFLICT OF INTEREST
What does it mean?
- Providers may not provide case management and direct supports to the same person.
- You will have access to high-quality, person-centered planning that keeps the focus on you.
- Your case manager will help identify community supports so you achieve your goalsand will help you solve problems.
How does it affect me?
- Your case manager will continue to focus on what is important to and important for you.
- Your case manager will continue to advocate for you.
- Your case manager will help you make decisions about the supports and services that you want.
- Your case manager will help you select suports and services from all available providers and resources.