To ensure that people with developmental disabilities have equal opportunities and receive the services and supports they need to live and work in South Dakota communities.
- We will support people to participate in the life of their community.
- We will honor the importance of relationships with family and friends.
- We will ensure that quality services are available and accessible.
- We will work with providers to enhance services while respecting the dignity of risk and the importance of health and safety.
- We will respect and value cultural diversity.
- We will be good stewards of public funds.
Above is a link where you can print a CHOICES Brochure. It can also be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link. * For best quality, it is suggested to print this brochure in color on legal sized paper.
Below is the content of the brochure which we believe will be very resourceful when first getting to know about available services:
- Map with locations of Community Support Providers (CSPs) and Case Management Service (CM);
- List of and contact information for CSPs;
- Explanation, list of, and contact information for CM services;
- Explanation of CHOICES and the First Steps towards services;
- Explanation of Resource Coordinators (RCs), Contact Information, and Locations of Service.
- HCBS Final Settings Rules
- South Dakota's Home and Community Based Statewide Transition Plan was submitted to CMS on March 12, 2015.
- South Dakota's original Home and Community Based Statewide Transition Plan was submitted to CMS on March 12, 2015. CMS requested additional information from South Dakota in October 2015. CMS' comments may be viewed here. The Departments of Social Services and Human Services worked collaboratively to make changes to the Home and Community Based Statewide Transition Plan. CMS requested that South Dakota perform public notice on the Revised Transition Plan before submission to CMS. The Revised Statewide Transition Plan is available for Public Comment for 30 days from February 29 to March 30. For more information click here.