AS you can see, there are many different links to take you to vital information needed to understand, seek, and apply for services offered within the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Answers below give you a summarized answer or may take you to a link found on the home page.
The home page and links will be visible on each link you use to advance. To return to this page for more direction, simply click on the "Frequently Asked Questions" link on the left side of the DDD homepage, click on the clipart shown above at the top of the home page, or go back to FAQs.
It is our hope you will find the information you are looking for. Always feel free to contact us directly at 605-773-3438, toll-free at 1-800-265-9684, or email us at email@example.com
- What are the first steps to take in obtaining CHOICES waiver services in the state of South Dakota?
- How does one obtain Guardianship in the state of South Dakota (SD)?
- What is a Intervention and Support Specialist?
- What is Conflict Free Case Management (CFCM or CM)?
- What is a Community Support Provider (CSP)?
- Are there different services for people in different age groups?
- What other services are available to ensure quality living?
- What other information can I find on the DDD website?
- Review the DDD website
- Connect with a Intervention and Support Specialist or Case Manager
- Complete an application found on the DDD website
- Supply records and/or documentation below:
- Medical Records or other Supporting Documentation
- SSI Eligibility Status
- Most recent phychological evaluation inclusive of both IQ and adaptive behavior testing
- South Dakota (SD) Medicaid Eligibility
The Department of Human Services provides assistance to adults with developmental disabilities by providing court appointed Guardianship or conservatorship services or by providing financial assistance to families or others in obtaining guardianship or conservatorship of an adult with a developmental disability. For more information, go to the highlighted link above.
Intervention and Support Specialist assist individuals with developmental disabilities and their families understand and access the services available through DDD, and connect with other resources available in their communities. Click on the highlighted link above for contact information.
Conflict Free Case Management provides the following services and more:
- Advocate for the person
- Provide high-quality, person-centered planning keeping the focus on the person
- Help identify community supports so the person can achieve his/her goals and help problem solve
- Focus on what is important to and important for the person
- Help make decisions about supports and services
- Help select supports and services from all available providers and resources
A Community Support Provider (CSP) is the provider of direct services for people supported by the CHOICES waiver. CSPs are located throughout the state and are noted with red dots on the map above. For a list and contact information, click on the highlighted link above.
The DDD provides supports to eligible people all ages. For more information on specific programs, please go to the following links:
- Adult Foster Care
- Respite Care
- Employment Resources
- Rehabilitation Services
- Servies to the Blind and Visually Impaired
- South Dakota Developmental Center (SDDC)
The DDD has many programs which enhance the quality of living. Check out the links below:
You will find information on other accredidation programs. stakeholders, rules, and more. Check out the links below:
- Council on Quality Leadership
- National Core Indicators (NCI)
- SD Administrative Rules
- Pre-Admission Screenings and Resident Review
If you didn't find your question or answer in the FAQs page,
please feel free to contact a representative with the
Divisions of Developmental Disabilities at the contact information below:
Toll Free: 1.800.265.9684