What is LIVE.LIFE.Well.?
Well-being means something different for everyone. Regardless of our individual definitions of well-being feeling healthy and happy helps us to reach our physical, spiritual, financial, community, social and employment goals.
LIVE. LIFE. WELL. aims to promote awareness, create a culture of well-being, and sustain positive health and wellness for everyone though physical activity, improved nutrition and mental well-being.
Who can participate?
- CSP employees
- Family Members
Goals and benefits
- Increasing health and physical fitness measures through weight loss, improved blood pressure, and cholesterol
- Improved health and connection with the community, resulting in increased opportunities for meaningful work, paid or unpaid, for self-advocates
- Meaningful, consistent engagement with people in the community to increase sense of inclusion and connectedness in the community
- Increased well-being reduces the need for medication and hospitalization and decreases the length of stay when hospitalized
- Reduced absenteeism from work
How do I get involved?
- Contact your case manager or community support provider
- Contact the DHS LLW Committee @ 605-773-3438
- Registration Flyer
- Online Registration Form
National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability - One in five U.S. adults are living with a disability and have higher rates of chronic disease. NCHPAD hopes to educate communities on how to design for inclusive health, and to recognize disability as a health disparity that affects all of society. NCHPAD
Eat Smart. Add Color. MOVE MORE. Be Well. - The American Heart Association encourages you to MOVE MORE in April, and has a wealth of educational and promotional resources that you can customize for your community. Click here to download resources to plan initiatives in your community for the month of April, and all year long.
- Data Collection Form - PDF
- (Link to Data Collection)
- My25 Light and Library Portal
- Healthy Lifestyle Seminars (contact DHS LLW Committee @ 605-773-3438)
- Harvest of the Month - It is free to register for this program; after you have registered you have access to handouts and recipes for a variety of fruits and vegetables. Handouts can also be found in the Live Life Well Tool Kit.
- USDA Choose my Plate
- Munch Code
- Good and Healthy SD Wellness Events and Classes across SD
- South Dakota Diabetes Prevention Coalition Diabetes Prevention Toolkit
- South Dakota Game Fish and Parks - Offers a variety of outdoor activities, Game Fish and Parks has free equipment rentals for some activities.
Live. Life.Well Kick-off Webinar