Nursing Services provide needed assistance to individuals who have physical and/or chronic health conditions which limit their capability to function independently. Nursing Services may prevent or delay premature or inappropriate institutionalization, making it possible for individuals to continue living in their own homes or to return to their homes.
Nursing Services include the periodic evaluation, counseling, and/or screening to promote and maintain an individual's optimal health status and includes the following tasks:
- Conducting physical assessment and monitoring health status
- Consulting with pharmacist and/or physician
- Monitoring, setting up and dispensing medications
- Giving injections
- Drawing blood
- Changing wound care dressing
- Providing foot care and nail care
- Providing nutritional assessments
- Providing health education
An individual who qualifies will receive Nursing Services as approved in the individual's care plan. The Division of Long Term Services and Supports does not directly provide Nursing Services, but contracts with local provider agencies to provide services.