- DD Provider COVID-19 Policies
- COVID-19 DD Provider Frequently Asked Questions
- CHOICES Remote Supports Guidance
- Family Support 360 Guidance
Continuum of Care Assessment Survey
Recently, the Department of Human Services contracted with Align by Benchmark to complete an assessment of the continuum of services for individuals living with an intellectual or developmental disability. A large part of this assessment is obtaining feedback from individuals currently receiving services, their families, guardians, and providers. We are requesting you take a few minutes to complete the following online survey by March 20, 2020. Just click the link and it will take you to the survey. For those completing a paper survey, it can be returned in one of 3 ways;
Fax:317-974-3034 (Please note Attention Rick Adams)
Mail:Benchmark Human Services
Attention: Rick Adams
2431 Directors Row, Suite A
Indianapolis, IN 46241
- Survey of South Dakota Waiver Services - Individual/Guardian/Parent - Online Survey - Printable Survey
- Survey of South Dakota Waiver Services - Providers - Online Survey - Printable Survey
- Survey of South Dakota Waiver Services - SDDC Individual/Guardian/Parent - Online Survey - Printable Survey
The mission of the Division of Developmental Disabilities is to ensure that people with developmental disabilities have equal opportunities and receive the services and supports they need to live and work in South Dakota communities.
Our principles are:
- We will support people to participate in the life of their community.
- We will honor the importance of relationships with family and friends.
- We will ensure that quality services are available and accessible.
- We will work with providers to enhance services while respecting the dignity of risk and the importance of health and safety.
- We will respect and value cultural diversity.
- We will be good stewards of public funds.
- Provider Stakeholder Meeting - Continuum of Care
- Family Stakeholder Meeting - Continuum of Care
- Click Here to Complete a Family Support Council Application
- The Division of Developmental Disabilities has created new informational brochures about services and supports.
CHOICES Waiver Public Comment Period
The South Dakota Department of Social Services, in conjunction with the Department of Human Services, has proposed an amendment to the CHOICES Medicaid 1915 (c) waiver, which is operated by the Division of Developmental Disabilities in the South Dakota Department of Human Services. The purpose of this amendment is to make supplemental payments to Community Support Providers that have a signed care coordination agreement with Indian Health Service and to change the Career Exploration timeline start date to June 1, 2021.
The proposed CHOICES Medicaid waiver amendment will be open for public comment for 30-days from June 8, 2020, through July 8, 2020. Comments may be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , by phone at 605-773-3438, or by mail.
Copies of the proposed CHOICES Medicaid waiver amendment are available by clicking on the following link: Public Notice & Proposed Changes
Written requests for a copy of the proposed waiver, and corresponding comments, may be sent to
Division of Developmental Disabilities
ATTN: CHOICES waiver Amendment
c/o 500 East Capitol
Pierre, SD 57501