The mission of the Division of Developmental Disabilities is to ensure that people with developmental disabilities have equal opportunities and receive the services and supports they need to live and work in South Dakota communities.
Our principles are:
- We will support people to participate in the life of their community.
- We will honor the importance of relationships with family and friends.
- We will ensure that quality services are available and accessible.
- We will work with providers to enhance services while respecting the dignity of risk and the importance of health and safety.
- We will respect and value cultural diversity.
- We will be good stewards of public funds.
Family Support 360 Waiver Renewal
The South Dakota Family Support 360 Waiver operated by the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) is due for renewal on March 1, 2022 with an anticipated effective date of June 1, 2022 through May 31, 2027. The purpose of the Family Support 360 Waiver is to provide home and community-based services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to allow them to remain at home or in the least restrictive environment available.
The proposed Family Support 360 waiver renewal will be open for public comment for 30-days from January 3, 2022 to February 2, 2022. Comments may be made by e-mail to email@example.com , by phone at 605-773-3438, or by mail. Copies of the proposed Family Support 360 waiver renewal are available at the Department of Human Services, Division of Developmental Disabilities.