The mission of the Division of Developmental Disabilities is to ensure that people with developmental disabilities have equal opportunities and receive the services and supports they need to live and work in South Dakota communities.
Our principles are:
- We will support people to participate in the life of their community.
- We will honor the importance of relationships with family and friends.
- We will ensure that quality services are available and accessible.
- We will work with providers to enhance services while respecting the dignity of risk and the importance of health and safety.
- We will respect and value cultural diversity.
- We will be good stewards of public funds.
- Become a Family Support Council Member!!!
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services approves the CHOICES program for five more years!!!
- New service called Shared Living is now available!!!
- South Dakota joins the National Community of Practice for Supporting Families of Individuals of I/DD