AS you can see, there are many different links to take you to vital information needed to understand, seek, and apply for services offered within the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD). The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Answers below give you a summarized answer or may take you to a link found on the home page.
The home page and links will be visible on each link you use to advance. To return to this page for more direction, simply click on the "Frequently Asked Questions" link on the left side of the DDD homepage, click on the clipart shown above at the top of the home page, or go back to FAQs.
It is our hope you will find the information you are looking for. Always feel free to contact us directly at 605-773-3438, toll-free at 1-800-265-9684, or email us at email@example.com
- What are the first steps to obtain CHOICES waiver services in South Dakota?
- How does one obtain Guardianship in the state of South Dakota (SD)?
- What is an Intervention and Support Specialist?
- What is Conflict Free Case Management (CFCM or CM)?
- What is a Community Support Provider (CSP)?
- Are there different services for people in different age groups?
- What other services are available to ensure quality living?
- What other information can I find on the DDD website?
- Review the DDD website
- Connect with an Intervention and Support Specialist or Case Manager
- Complete an application found on the DDD website
- Supply records and/or documentation below:
- Medical Records or other supporting documentation
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Eligibility Status
- Most recent psychological evaluation inclusive of both IQ and adaptive behavior testing
- South Dakota (SD) Medicaid Eligibility
The Department of Human Services provides assistance to adults with developmental disabilities by providing court appointed Guardianship or conservatorship services or by providing financial assistance to families or others in obtaining guardianship or conservatorship of an adult with a developmental disability. For more information, go to the highlighted link above.
Intervention and Support Specialist assist individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to understand and access the services available through DDD, and connect with resources available in their communities. Click on the highlighted link above for contact information.
- Gather and submit required documentation to determine eligibility
- High quality, person-centered planning with focus on what is important to the person and how to best support the person
- Assist the person with identifying, applying for and accessing supports needed and wanted from all available providers and resources
- Advocacy and assistance with problem-solving
A Community Support Provider (CSP) is the provider of direct services for people supported by the CHOICES waiver. CSPs are located throughout the state and are noted with red dots on the map above. For a list and contact information, click on the highlighted link above.
The DDD provides supports to eligible people all ages. For more information on specific programs, please go to the following links:
- Respite Care
- Employment Resources
- Rehabilitation Services
- Servies to the Blind and Visually Impaired
- South Dakota Developmental Center (SDDC)
The DDD has many programs which enhance the quality of living. Check out the links below:
You will find information about accreditation entities, stakeholders, administrative rules, and more. Check out the links below.
- Council on Quality Leadership
- National Core Indicators (NCI)
- SD Administrative Rules
- Pre-Admission Screenings and Resident Review
If you didn'tï¿½find your question or answer in the FAQs page,
please feel free to contact a representative with the
Divisions of Developmental Disabilities at the contact information below:
Toll Free: 1.800.265.9684