These awards recognize individuals, organizations, and employers for their significant contributions to improving independent living and employment opportunities for people with disabilities. The South Dakota Board of Vocational Rehabilitation, Board of Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired and the Statewide Independent Living Council sponsor the annual Governor's Awards.
The nomination categories are:
- Distinguished Service - Fillable Form - Word Document
- Outstanding Individual with a Disability - Fillable Form - Word Document
- Outstanding Employee with a Disability - Fillable Form - Word Document
- Outstanding Employer of the Year (3 Categories) - Fillable Form - Word Document
- Small (Less Than 50 Employees) Private Employer; Non- Governmental
- Large ( More Than 50 Employees) Private Employer; Non-Governmental
- Other (any size); government (local, county, state or federal) or educational (school district, university, vocational technical institute)
- Outstanding Transition Services - Fillable Form - Word Document
Nominations can be completed and submitted throughout the year. If you have any questions or require assistance with completing nominations, please contact the Board of Vocational Rehabilitation staff by calling 605.494.3613 or emailing email@example.com.
Board of Vocational Rehabilitation
221 South Central Avenue, Suite 33
Pierre, SD 57501
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org