The South Dakota Board of Vocational Rehabilitation, Board of Service to the Blind and Visually Impaired and the Statewide Independent Living Council will once again be sponsoring this year's Governor's Awards ceremony.
These awards recognize individuals, organizations, and employers for their contributions to the employment of people with disabilities.
The nomination categories are:
- Distinguished Service - DOC - PDF
- Outstanding Individual with a Disability - DOC - PDF
- Outstanding Employee with a Disability - DOC - PDF
- Outstanding Employer of the Year (3 Categories) - DOC - PDF
- Small (Less Than 50 Employees) Private Employer; Non- Governmental
- Large ( More Than 50 Employees) Private Employer; Non-Governmental
- Other (any size); government (local, county, state or federal) or educational (school district, university, vocational technical institute)
- Outstanding Transition Services - DOC - PDF
Nominations can be completed and submitted throughout the year. However, for the 2019 Governor's Awards nominations are being accepted from now through June 14th. You can complete nominations by printing off the enclosed forms and mailing the completed forms to the address below or you can complete the forms electronically and email them to the email also listed below.
Mail to: Board of Vocational Rehabilitation
221 South Central Avenue, Ste. 34A
Pierre, SD 57501
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact the Board of Vocational Rehabilitation staff by calling 605.945.2207 or 1.800.210.0143 or by email: email@example.com.